North London Outdoor Group currently has over 70 members in the age range 30s to 50s and above, living in North London and Hertfordshire.
Each year we organise:
- About 20 weekends away from London throughout the year. We stay mainly in YHA accommodation or similar, all over England and Wales. Places on these weekends away are limited and need to be booked well in advance with the weekend organiser.
- About 20 day walks on Saturdays or Sundays throughout the year, generally within an hour’s drive of Barnet. These include some half day walks. For some walks we provide the option of sharing cars from Barnet Everyman cinema to travel to the start of the walk.
- About 20 weekday evening walks, from April until early September. These are usually in north London, south Hertfordshire or central London.
- About 50 social evenings on Tuesdays at Discovery Hall in East Barnet, from 8-10pm, followed by an optional visit to a local pub.
Some of our members like to participate in all four types of activity while others only do one or two. It’s entirely up to you.
We also offer:
- A Group email list where members can send an email to all other members about walks, weekends away or other events that they are organising such as cinema visits or meals out.
- An 8 - 12 page monthly newsletter called footprint printed copies are available at our Tuesday evening meetings.
New members are very welcome whether beginners or experienced walkers.